So, recently I read a disturbing article online that really pissed me off. It’s a comparison between Atheists and Christians.
- Atheism does not have missions to feed the hungry.
- Atheism does not have programs to give shelter to the homeless.
- Atheism does not trouble itself to help the poor or give to the needy.
- Atheism does not clothe the naked or visit the imprisoned.
- Atheism does not give hope to the despairing, does not give love to the needy soul, or open arms to the broken-hearted.
- Atheism does not seek to bring healing to any person.
- Atheism does not intend to encourage the down-trodden.
- Atheism seeks to tear down Love and stop its flow into the hearts of the un-loved.
- During the 20th century, atheists (mostly communists, such as
those who followed Stalin) slaughtered untold millions of Christians,
Jews, and people of many other religions for the sake of their faith.
This still goes on today in places like China.
- Atheism seeks to destroy the hope of Jesus Christ and take
love away from a world of people in need of care. In the name of
science they proclaim, “there is no God”, “we evolved from slime”, “the
cosmos is an accident”. Declaring as gods the foundations and fate of
the universe, they ignore the needs of the hearts of men to know that
there is a Divine Creator who loves them.
- Because an atheist got God banned from public schools, our
children must pass through metal detectors on their way into school
where they score worse and worse on educational tests and morals are at
an all-time low. They must remember each day the school massacres of
the past few years and wonder… if… when… where… who… Does
anyone stop to think that this downward trend started the year God was
banned from schools?
- Churches have missions to feed the hungry.
- Christians help the poor and clothe the naked.
- Bible-carrying evangelists visit the sick and imprisoned to bring redemption to those that are forgotten and thrown away.
- Preachers minister the healing power of God to those who dare to have faith and forget that miracles are impossible.
- The children of God travel the globe to give light to those in
the dark, to show the love of Jesus living through themselves to the
ones that He died for 2,000 years ago.
- Jesus gives the world His hope of eternal salvation, His gospel of love, His healing for body and mind and heart.
- It is the Christians, believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, who
care for the world enough to take a chance on alienating themselves by
sharing the hope of salvation with others.
SOOOOO….Naturally, as an Atheist, I couldn’t help responding with my own conjecture. So, here is my own assessment. From one bias opinion to another:
~ First of all, This country was founded on freedom of religion. So, stop bitching or move the fuck out of the country.
~ I have several times given spare change or food to a homeless person , as well as, donated clothing. Just because someone is not the member of a program or has not put together a program to feed the hungry does NOT mean they don’t contribute. In fact, I think it is incredibly selfish of someone who calls himself a “Christian” to convict someone who doesn’t conform to their faith of such rubbish.
~ One word: Televangelists…aka: bullshitters. Televangelists use television to communicate the Christian faith. Televangelists seem to be the the primary producers of the idea that it is
always God’s will for all Christians to be perfectly healthy and
financially wealthy. However, it occurs to me that the Bible does not teach that we should give so that WE will
be blessed. The Bible teaches that we should give because we love God
and want to thank him for what he has given us. So, there you have it. Christian hypocrisy.
~Most Christian fundamentalists believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. I personally challenge those who believe this to then explain the existence of the dinosaurs to the world. Including, why they think radiometric dating is inaccurate. And don’t give that “well, man and dinosaur walked the earth together” bullshit.
~Christians drink the blood of Christ…….gross
~Christians feel a desperate need to instill their beliefs in others even when that person has expressed no intrest in your faith. Well, God damnit give it a rest! I think it is completely inappropriate to preach your beliefs to someone of a different religion. Unless, of course, if that person comes into your place of worship (church, temple, etc.). Or, if the opposing person puts him or herself in the position to have an open discussion on the topic.
~In the above article, it states that “Atheism does not seek to bring healing to any person.” I’ll have you know, I donate money EVERY year to diabetes research. So, fuck you.
~ Statistically, most scientists, doctors, and professors (some of the most intellegent people in the world) are atheists. So again, fuck you.
~ Stop judging and pointing fingers at the gays and trying to get them to repent. According to Christians, it is God who decides a persons fate. So, let your “God” be the judge of those people, if that’s what you claim to believe. Not to mention, I have many gay friends who are some of nicest and giving people I know.
~You say that atheists killed a lot of people. So did Christians!
I’ve heard so many Christians
now a days claim that the Old Testament should be forgotten. I feel that this is just another bullshit scapegoat
that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their
god…Of which, tens of thousands of people were killed under his dictation.
~ In the wise words of Kathy Griffin “Suck it Jesus”
Well, Thanks for taking the time to read. As always, I’m open to any opinions or suggestions on the matter!